Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Tasting Franzia Sunset Blush

 



Name:  Franzia Sunset Blush 

Varietal:  Rose

Region:  California

Country:  US

Year: 2021

Price:  $12.99

Review from other source:  Anita S. of influenster.com says that "This wine is light and crisp; it kinda reminds me of Pinot Grigio. It has a slight after taste, but it’s not too bad. I would drink it again, but it would not be my first choice. The price was reasonable."

Wine Folly: https://winefolly.com/wines/provence-rose/

 Rose is primarily described as having primary flavors consisting of different fruits such as Strawberry, Honeydew melon,  and watermelon.  The taste profile is described has primarily having medium acidity.  It is very low in tannins and has an overall light body.

My Review:  Going in to this wine tasting, I had preconceived notions on Franzia wine and it definitely was clouding my judgment going in.  The scent of the wine brought me back to early parties freshman year where the scent of wine mixed with sweat covers the floors and walls. The initial scent is strong and fruity and the pungent scent hits your brain almost instantly.  The taste of the wine was sweet and lasting.  I paired the wine with a grilled cheese sandwich, the sandwich helped fill in some of the missing tastes, but overall the taste of my sandwich did not make up for the lack of quality in the wine.  Overall, the Franzia Sunset Blush Rose was not good and not worthy of buying again, except for times where you are trying to buy as much wine physically possible for as many people at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing #2

 As the weather gets warmer and it starts feeling more like Spring, I decided to do an outdoor wine and cheese board with some of my friends...