Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Tasting Andre California Champagne

 



Name:  Andre Brut California Champagne
Varietal:  Champagne
Region: Modesto, California
Year:  N/A
Price: $8.99

Review from other source:  Amanda B. from influenster.com states "This is another favorite of mine! This flavor is a little more dry and stronger than the Spumante flavor, but I can drink either. This one has a high alcohol content than the others, so just be aware of that."
 
Winefolly.com:  https://winefolly.com/wines/champagne/
 
Winefolly describes Champagne as the most iconic sparkling wine in the world, a title I feel is very deserved. It is a blend of chardonnay, pinot noir and pinot meunier.  The primary flavors associated with champagne are citrus, yellow apple and cream.   Champagne is very high in acidity which counters its light body and low tannins.
 
My review:  Champagne is my personal favorite wine so I was excited to give the Andre Brut version a try.  The smell was a sharp and pungent citrus scent.  The first taste of the wine was like pear and citrus mixed, while the aftertaste had more sweet tones.    I drank this wine along with the dinner I had made for the nights.  Chicken and a broccoli cheddar bake paired very well with the wine.  The flavors in the wine that were not present in the food created a positive contrast that brought out more of the flavors in the wine.  Overall, this champagne tasted fine but was not anything special, for the price point though it is a very good value champagne wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese Pairing #2

 As the weather gets warmer and it starts feeling more like Spring, I decided to do an outdoor wine and cheese board with some of my friends...